External climbing instructor

General Climbing - If you have already passed the assessment for the CWA, SPA, MIA, MIC or hold a Guiding Ticket, you are able to register with Boulders as an external climbing instructor. This will enable you to bring a group of up to nine individuals to climb at Boulders under your supervision.

To register with Boulders as an external climbing instructor we will need to see some documents prior to your first group's visit. The original documents must be provided:

  • Appropriate valid first aid qualification.
  • In date insurance to instruct indoor climbing activities.
  • Your qualification certificate.

Further guidance on the suitability of any qualification may be sought from the Mountain Leader Training Board (UK).

Once we have these documents, we just need to go through a quick induction of the centre with you and then you will be free to bring your group down without booking. Please remember to book the induction with us in advance, as there are a limited amount of staff that can deliver them, who may not be available on the day if you turn up.

Do you want to teach NICAS as an external instructor?

“As an external instructor Boulders provides an ideal venue for my groups; we tend to look for activities that occupy a number of hours and in terms of value for money Boulders wins hands down!”
Ross Duffield, Diversionary Activity Coordinator, G.O.A.L.S.

Enquire Now
£6 per head for those under instruction. External climbing instructors get free entrance only when instructing groups and not for personal climbing.

Enquire Now
For organisations looking to bring groups climbing regularly, there is an external instructors membership where you pay £150 ex VAT per month per external instructor. That specific instructor can then bring as many groups of up to 8 people to climb as they wish to over the month. This membership is paid by standing order.
Boulders standard terms and conditions apply.